Monday, August 11, 2008

Russian Invades Georgia


Excuse me, did I miss something?

Didn't the US invade Iraq, thousands of miles away, no threat at all, except in the skewed minds of Bush and Gang who cooked up the nonsense about WMD and links to Al Qaeda?

I hate war, but surely Russia has a greater reason to invade Georgia then we had to go into Iraq.

But I wonder - what would Russia have done if we had stayed home and worked the diplomatic channels? What would have happened if we had kept the war genie corked in the bottle? Have we taught the world that it's okay for powerful countries to ride roughshod over the rights of others? That might makes right?

I find it ironic, no, I find it darkly humorous, that Bush lectures Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev, telling him "Russia's gone too far."

Yeah, right.

If they've gone too far, we've gone waaaaaaaaay too far.

It's time for the US to lead the way on the higher road. And we won't do that, I guess, until we have a high-minded president and a congress and courts inclined to support the better way.

And McCain, by the way, ain't capable of high-minded thought. He's a gun waiting to fire, a WMD - excuse me, a Weapon of Mortal Danger.