Thursday, August 27, 2020

Holy Crap and Hells-Bells

 I look out my french doors, 

across my deck, 

and I see a pink crepe myrtle, 

pulsing with extravagant energy, 

palm trees reaching high for the sky, 

and mountains’ purple haze.


A witness to creation!


But I have to be careful, don’t you think?


Because some look out a broken window right now, and what they see is full of sorrow, everything broken, twisted, soaked, tumbled and torn. We give ‘em names like Laura and Hana … 

how strange, 

when they might better be named 

Hells-Bells or Holy Crap.


Think of it. 

Holy Crap now up to category 4.

Making landfall in twelve hours.

And Hells-Bells churning just south of Florida.


But that’s how nature does it … 

with, 

it would seem:

a little help from us 

with 

carbon and and lot of other junk 

we throw above our heads 

like children lofting lovely leaves in the rituals of fall.


I see …

Thank God.

For TV and the Internet.


Because I see what some have to see.

And it’s not pretty.

Holy Crap

And

Hells-Bells.


LORD have mercy.




No comments:

Post a Comment