Saturday, October 27, 2012

I Pray Not!

My soul is distressed.

As the hymn says, "Once to every man and nation comes the moment to decided."

I fear that Americans have grown so shallow, so self-serving, so selfish and prideful, and so "christian," that America will make the wrong decision. If it does, so goes the judgment of God. It fell like a hammer on prideful Jerusalem, with all of its religion, and on every empire since.

I hope and pray that America will remember who is it, by our founding mothers and fathers. I fear that folks like Pat Robertson and Donald Trump have won the day. And if they have, then so be it. But it will be a sad day for America when money wins and power triumphs.

When the 1% trump the 99%; when The People surrender their voice to the insanity of the privileged class. It's happened before and it might well happen again.

I pray not. I pray not.

No comments:

Post a Comment